Privowny App allows you to quickly log into your favorite websites and apps with the login credentials you previously saved in your Password Manager.
- On your desktop browser, you can do this easily by either using the Smartfield Icon that appears inside the login fields and click on “retrieve credentials” in the drop-down menu or by using the arrow in the Toolbar (you will see it when you mouse over the key icon). You then enter your Master Key to validate the retrieval process.
- On your Android phone, you will find the same functionality using the Smartfield Icon that floats over the login fields, tapping on it to expand it, and selecting the account you wish to use. You then enter your Master Key to validate the retrieval process. (If you are using Android Oreo 8.0 or higher, the Pocket Geek ID Autofill for Android feature allows you to perform the same task by simply tapping in the appropriate field.)
- On your iOS device, you can use Privowny Autofill. If you have set it up, simply tap on the key on top of the keyboard. It opens your Password Manager so you can choose the account you want to use. You then enter your Master Key to validate the retrieval process.
What if it doesn’t work?
If Privowny App has a problem retrieving your credentials, you will most of the time be told about the problem and prompted to use a workaround. In some limited cases, Privowny App will not be able to notice that there is a problem at all and you may be left with empty fields and no explanations.
One reason for this may be that the account stored in your Password Manager doesn’t correspond (anymore) to the URL of the website where you are trying to log into. The service may have changed the URL in the meantime.
If you do indeed have credentials saved for this account in your Password Manager, you should:
- Open your Password Manager.
- Use the search feature to find the appropriate account.
- Click/tap on the icon in front of the data you need to use (user ID or password). This will copy the data to your clipboard so you can paste it yourself where you need it.
- Provide your Master Key if the data is encrypted (passwords are encrypted by default so you won’t be able to copy it without decrypting it first).
- Go back to the app/website you wish to log into and paste the data in the appropriate field.
- Log in.