When you first log into Privowny App, the default settings are:
- The Privowny App Toolbar is shown
- Privowny Smartfield Icons are shown
- The Master Key is necessary to open the Main Window, which will lock itself if the computer is inactive for 2 minutes or goes to sleep
- If you chose to Remember your Master Key, it will be kept in memory for 10 minutes
- Notifications are shown when an alias email address is generated
- Notifications about trackers are shown
To change these settings click to the wheel on the top right of the Main Menu and check the Components, Security, and Notifications tabs.
Furthermore, by default:
- All detected trackers are blocked
- Data is collected on all websites (without being encrypted)
- Passwords are always encrypted
You can adjust your preferences for trackers from the Toolbar (for all the trackers detected on the page at once) or from the Tracker Panel (to fine tune by tracker or tracker category). You can block data collection on all websites from the Data Manager or only for specific websites from the Toolbar. You can also encrypt pieces of data stored in your Data Manager.